Thursday, August 14, 2014

Karma and redirection

Health Karma....I think that is the term my doctor used this morning when I was in for my annual exam. Things have not been all that great in the past few weeks unfortunately. Its like my health karma has caught up with me. It started two weeks ago when I woke up with pain in my neck. The kind of pain you have sometimes when you sleep wrong. By the next day the pain was worse, and radiating down my left arm. Needless to say when I called m physician, they sent me to the ER. Turns out, the EKG showed I do have a heart but that I have a bulging disc in my C5/C6 that is impinging on the nerves in my neck and shoulder, causing the severe pain and numbness. On top of that, I got a severe cold and ear infection that I am still trying to get over. And my annual mammogram was done, and the doctor's office called and wants it redone, because the radiologist saw something he wants another look at. So, while my health karma is kicking me in the butt, I am trying to remain positive, and finding out who in my life I can count on. People have offered their shoulders, as well as their advice and that has been very nice to get. I have found the past few nights, as I sit here and nurse my wounds, I am also counting my blessings. I have discovered who my friends are, and that I need to be my own best friend first and foremost if I am to be a good friend. It's funny the things you think about when you take the time to focus on something important, like yourself. I know I am not perfect. I have flaws and issues, and no one can fix them but myself. When my shoulder/neck start hurting, I get up and do something else. AIM may be on, but I am redirecting my focus, and stepping away from the laptop. AIM doesn't buzz hardly at all, so I can get stuff done. Redirection can be a good thing.