Saturday, September 26, 2015

What kind of reader are you?

Hardback, paperback, or e-books?  Do you have a preference?  Is one better than another?

Personally, I really don't care about the format.  I got a Kindle a few years ago from my family for Christmas (the original Kindle that doesn't have a web browser or anything on it) and I have approximately 100 books on it.  But, my reading isn't confined to just that format.

I have bookshelves with paperbacks and hardbacks alike.  Sometimes, I am too impatient to wait for a book to come out in paperback, so I will buy it in hardback.  It really just depends on the book.

I am a member of paperbackswap and I will offer up books that I am finished with, and also order books from another reader who has finished with it. This really saves on my expenses, AND most of the books i have gotten were in excellent condition.  It's a great resource for book lovers, and since you mail out most books at the "book rate", it's not too expensive.

I worked in a library for a couple of years, and I have to admit, I LOVE the smell of a brand new hardback.  Especially art books.  With an ereader you don't get that, but you do get easier portability.  Although I often, when going on vacation, have a paperback and my Kindle with me.  I like a little variety when I am reading and sometimes I may be reading a nonfiction book, but on my kindle, I am reading a romance or mystery.

Anyway, I know this is just a random post, but I thought it would make a good blog post today.